Obanazawa, Yamagata Prefecture by たいち
Basics for people who want to Lucid Dream:
I’m realizing how many people on tumblr are really interested in lucid dreaming, so for those who are interested, I made a list of things that have surely helped me achieve lucidity (immoralintricacies)
1. Keep a Dream Journal
- If you’re just starting out, it’s a very good idea to start with a dream journal. It’s not mandatory, but keeping one will help you get to the habit of remembering your dreams. Over the time you write, you will find it easier to remember what had happened the night before. If you find it difficult to remember your dreams, try to stay still the very moment you wake up to recall what had happened in your dreams. Once you write them, even writing point-form notes can work.
- WILD, DILD, and Reality Checks ever heard of them? Or how they work? These are only three of a long list of techniques that can help you achieve lucidity. Research also gives you the opportunity to venture in to the little-known world of lucid dreaming. If you’re also interested in dream signs, or meanings, reading even a little won’t hurt.
3. Join the Community
- Then again not mandatory, feel free to browse or join forums such as dreamviews (honestly, I owe it all to this site). It is a place for people who are interested in lucid dreaming to gather. In such websites, many are willing to help those who are just starting out, offering tips and support for those who are struggling. Methods to certain things such as conjuring people, blasting fireballs are also talked about. It’s also a place to discuss and formulate new techniques that can possibly work.
4. Awareness in Waking Life
- Dream Induced Lucid Dreams, or DILD, as I’ve mentioned previously are lucid dreams achieved as you are dreaming. One way, among many others, is to be able to recognize the feeling or even recognize how a dream looks like. As you are in reality, pay close attention to how things are, how they stay the same, and think about how it feels like compared to a dream. By doing so, your mind can get to the habit of realizing when you are dreaming, and can be a way for you to achieve lucidity.
- Before going to bed, try whispering or thinking to yourself “I will realize when I am dreaming” or any other variation to this. Persuading your brain is very possible in such circumstances.
- It takes a lot of patience in doing this. Know that you are capable, and to simply put it, don’t give up. It may take a while, but believe that it’s worth it in the end.
7. Dream Control
- Once you are finally lucid, you will then be on your way to controlling your dreams. Sounds simple enough, right? But to tell you honestly, this is the part where many people struggle with once they get through the hard part. But from my experience, one thing you should keep in mind is that simply believing isn’t always going to be enough if you want to be able to control your dream, you have to know that you can do it.
The possibilities are infinite.